Electrolux Cares Week, a week of volunteering and giving back in our communities, took place the week of September 25. Many Electrolux sites across NA participated in activities centered around tackling hunger.
Throughout the week, Electrolux employees volunteered in soup kitchens, donating canned goods and addressing hunger to help improve our communities for the better.
- Anderson: Participated in a canned food drive, delivered meals to local shelters, packed meals for children in need, donated Box Tops to local area schools, and much more.
- Augusta: Prepared care packages for senior citizens, wrote note cards for elementary-aged children, and baked casserole dishes for the Ronald McDonald House.
- Charlotte: Donated canned goods, prepared sandwiches for the homeless shelter, participated in a backpack build for hungry children, and more.
- Juarez: Collected canned goods and household items for the victims of earthquakes in Mexico City and the states of Oaxaca and Chiapas. Employees helped donate $150,000 MX pesos to those impacted by the earthquakes.
- Kinston: Donated canned food items and packaged dehydrated food bundles for families in need.
- Memphis: Sold safety glasses representing the local school colors. All proceeds went toward providing. Thanksgiving meals for needy families in the community.
- Springfield:: Donated canned goods and participated in a dunk tank where all proceeds benefited United Ministries food bank and Loaves and Fishes.
- St. Cloud: Served and funded lunches at the local Salvation Army.
Cares Week is an annual event in North America.